Want to know exactly how to fill in the application to be a TEDx speaker? This post walks you through the entire process from start to finish:
- how to find local events (and predict “secret” unannounced events long before they happen)
- how to use LinkedIn to find TEDx organizers and speakers in your network
- when to apply (not too early, not too late)
- what to include in the application (whether you’re able to find an application form or not)
- how the selection process works
- what happens after you submit the application form
For more background, check out my massively long post — Get a TED Talk This Year – The Ultimate Guide.
TEDx application deadlines are often 6+ months before the event (and any given event happens once a year), so you’ll select and develop your talk then and plan out which events to apply to before the deadline. You won’t be working full-time for a year on your TEDx Talk, you’ll just need to spread out some tasks.